1. Make sure you thaw the pastry sheets before baking when using frozen pastry sheets.
2. In a pan, saut? onion, ginger, garlic & green chilly in little oil. When ready ( light brown in colour), add the spice mix, combine well and saut? till the raw smell disappears. Add curry leaves (coriander leaves optional) - add salt to taste. This is a dry mix.
3. Cut the pastry sheets into square shapes, making sure one square covers the egg & masala.
4. Place the egg slice in the middle of the pastry sheet, add a spoonful of the masala mixture (when cool) , close the pastry sheets by folding diagonally (cross wise)
5. Seal the edges, rub a little water on the edges of the tips so that they stick together. Brush egg white gently with a pastry brush over the pastry sheets, this is to give a glossy look when done. (You can use milk alternatively).
6. Arrange the filled puffs in a baking tray and bake for 20-25 mins at 200 C (approx 400 F). The pastry will be fluffy and golden brown in colour when ready.
7. Serve warm with sauce.